- Diversifying the Liberal Democrats – a once in a generation opportunity?
- Why is the UK government not pushing for a substantial co-ordinated response to refugees crisis?
- On life’s great equaliser
- Has leisure & entertainment in Cambridge kept pace with the growth of our city?
- Jeremy Corbyn to visit Puffles in Cambridge!
- Any more takers for @camcycle's gathering on 01 Sept on all things Cambridgeshire future transport? facebook.com/events/9148143… 17 minutes ago
- RT @fenwench: @Puffles2010 @Virgin_TrainsEC If you select quiet coach on your ticket, I think you should be kicked off if you reject that t… 48 minutes ago
- Puffles (*notes*) several of you tweeting about another big explosion in China - mirror.co.uk/news/world-new… 1 hour ago
- RT @KristoferKeane: I don't like politics, it always ends up making me angry. But I also think it's too important to just leave to other pe… 1 hour ago
- Now playing: "They don't care about us" youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6n… From 20 years ago - applies today? 1 hour ago
Puffles on Flickr
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Summary Will we finally start seeing more women taking more prominent and influential roles for the Liberal Democrats? I’ll start with this video of Jo Swinson, which I filmed in Cambridge when she was a minister at the Department for … Continue reading
Summary It’s like there is an international politics vacuum in the face of a big crisis. So what are our institutions doing? Frances Coppola posted http://www.coppolacomment.com/2015/08/europes-shame.html in which I feel similar. So what are international governments doing in the face of it? … Continue reading
Summary On life after Mog – and on dealing with one of life’s final taboos. A sombre day today as we took Mog to the vet to be put to sleep following a short illness. A large stomach tumour and … Continue reading
Summary No. (That’s not to say nothing has happened since the Millennium). I’m writing this shortly after news that demand to see Jeremy Corbyn’s visit to Cambridge on Monday has exceeded the capacity of the largest indoor venue in Cambridge. … Continue reading
Summary With over 300 1,700 people signed up, can Cambridge Labour Party use this opportunity to get more people involved in local democracy? I chose this headline because Mr Corbyn’s been following Puffles on Twitter for ages. See https://www.facebook.com/events/1638506863062553/ for event details … Continue reading
Summary Thoughts on recent news We’ve got another month or so of the Labour leadership campaign to go. Leftwing MP and longtime dragon-fairy-Twitter-follower Jeremy Corbyn has been polling consistently highly so as to worry the Labour establishment. As an outsider, … Continue reading
Summary The fallout from Kids Company has led to questions about the role of charities delivering public services My interest in this news item is primarily around public administration rather than frontline service delivery. I’ll try & refrain from commenting … Continue reading
Summary Some thoughts following tweets & posts from Labour’s Cllr Carina O’Reilly & Lib Dem former councillor Daisy Benson The Twitter post concerned is as below: @Puffles2010 @IanGManning We publicise our new members events – to new members. If you’re … Continue reading
Summary No, I don’t have a clue who’s going to win, but… …longtime Puffles’ follower Jeremy Corbyn MP has got the Labour HQ Establishment rattled. Have a watch: Compared to the 2010 contest where Diane Abbott MP was the candidate … Continue reading