- Well, thank f–k that horrible month is over
- Diversifying the Liberal Democrats – a once in a generation opportunity?
- Why is the UK government not pushing for a substantial co-ordinated response to refugees crisis?
- On life’s great equaliser
- Has leisure & entertainment in Cambridge kept pace with the growth of our city?
- NEWZ-SPOOF: “Ministers awaiting clearance from newspaper front pages to change policy on refugees” 4 minutes ago
- RT @edwardlucas: "Friendly Estonia" -- brilliant idea: citizens’ initiative in solidarity for an open society estonianworld.com/life/estonian-… via @E… 25 minutes ago
- RT @HEPI_news: Keeping up with the Germans: What can Germany teach the UK on fees, migration and research? hepi.ac.uk/2015/09/03/kee… http://t.… 30 minutes ago
- RT @juliamacfarlane: Disheartening that it's taken 4 years, 200,000+ killed and dead kids washing up on shores for message to sink in re sc… 45 minutes ago
- Puffles (*notes*) that figures… gov.uk/government/pol… re refugee crisis http://t.co/0UXyFN67P9 48 minutes ago
Puffles on Flickr
Category Archives: Puffles
Summary Equalities minister Jo Swinson MP comes to Cambridge – waking up the city’s resident dragon fairy in the process. This plus some thoughts on how to make community reporting help pay my bills! Told you! She also had this … Continue reading →
Summary Sometimes it takes someone to turn up to events and report from and/or film them. Here are the results: Result in the Queen Edith's by-election: Ahammed (Lab) 790 Bower (Con) 614 Chalfen (Green) 222 Sanders (LD) 933. Viki Sanders duly elected. — CambridgeCityCouncil (@camcitco) … Continue reading →
Summary It may only be a ‘micro-commission’, but for me it’s a giant leap on all things digital media. But are employers missing out on the skills that today’s school leavers have developed growing up in this internet age? If … Continue reading →
Summary How a former quarry and current ‘problem area’ could be turned into something for the community in a part of town not brilliantly served with things for people to do The website for the Cambridge Lakes Project is here. … Continue reading →
Summary A new account for a maturing social media age I’m running with @ACarpenDigital, which will be conversational and very much ‘Me’ – with @Puffles2010 evolving into a news aggregator. This is part of a long term project Ceri Jones and … Continue reading →
Summary As Ceri Jones and I prepare to teach a new series of evening classes about social media for social action for Cambridgeshire County Council, it’s time for the next stage of both of our social media journeys. My new … Continue reading →
Summary Some thoughts from a gathering of the revived Democracy Club of 2010 -> with 2015 in mind They are tweeting at @Democlub, are on Facebook here and have a website here. I’ve blogged a lot about democracy (see here for … Continue reading →
Summary The view from the director’s box as further education students at Cambridge Regional College give local politicians a television media masterclass – and comprehensively myth-bust the stereotype that media is an ‘easy’ subject. The whole show is below: First … Continue reading →
Summary Branching out into more complex digital media – with some thoughts for how my main Cambridge-based project will evolve Some of you will be aware that I started a 10 week digital film evening class recently. With good reason: … Continue reading →
Summary The full first draft is a good 6,000+ words but is by no means the completed version. Hence why your comments are much appreciated Click here —>>> 140530 Evaluation of campaign AC v1 to open the PDF document for the big … Continue reading →