- How do think tanks access the media?
- Do the scuffles between mainstream media & some protesters in Manchester reveal a deeper divide?
- Cambridge’s street communities on complex local public services
- Are Conservative ministers playing ‘party politics’ with national security over Jeremy Corbyn?
- Mark Thomas visits Cambridge, talking about the privatisation of public spaces
- "Post financial crisis monetary policy" at #TheCaseForCambridge Crowding out? Cc @Frances_Coppola http://t.co/VpeNd4b3zF 2 hours ago
- Theresa May's immigration policies slammed at #TheCaseForCambridge by business sector as skilled staff getting blocked from moving 2 hours ago
- RT @temiogunye: @LDBytes hi - writing a report on how to do local democracy better & looking for examples of good practice. Can anybody hel… 2 hours ago
- -> @AlexPlant4 (Ex HMT, CambsCC & my old director) calls for Cambs to have a transport executive like Manchester has #TheCaseForCambridge 2 hours ago
- **Crikey!** By @AlexPlant4 Congestion charging for Cambridge could raise £30m p/a for transport #TheCaseForCambridge http://t.co/1CbAJ4uLdC 2 hours ago
Puffles on Flickr
Category Archives: Law and legal issues
Summary Looking at some bigger picture issues on a news item that has engulfed Westminster – and examining the principles of some local government roots Part 1 – Education Both the Home Secretary and the Education Secretary made statements to … Continue reading
Summary An old band makes a new return – and has the corrupt monster that is FIFA in its sights This new number’s more than quite good By ‘Pop Will Eat Itself’ About time we had some protest in music. … Continue reading
Summary From one political gathering to another in the same evening – what I learnt from four male Scots sparring on independence The first thing I was asked as I wandered towards the doors of the Cambridge Union building was: … Continue reading
Summary A speech clearly targeted at an audience outside the room, but what was it like inside? It’s not every day that the Vice-president of the European Commission rocks up to your home town, so me and Puffles popped round … Continue reading
…are politicians undermining the ‘hard working families’ and ‘big society’ that they claim to be acting in the interests of? Yes. Next. This applies nationwide – not just to Cambridge, although I’m writing this in the context of a Cambridge … Continue reading