- Diversifying the Liberal Democrats – a once in a generation opportunity?
- Why is the UK government not pushing for a substantial co-ordinated response to refugees crisis?
- On life’s great equaliser
- Has leisure & entertainment in Cambridge kept pace with the growth of our city?
- Jeremy Corbyn to visit Puffles in Cambridge!
- RT @miss_mcinerney: Always struck me that "who is accountable for this" tended to mean "who can we publicly blame and beat up for this". 2 hours ago
- RT @miss_mcinerney: A question I have asked policy makers for years is: "what does 'accountability' really mean"? It's amazing how few ca… 2 hours ago
- NEWZ-SPOOF: "Ministers to redefine refugees as 'hard-working expats' in bid to solve migrant headlines issue" twitter.com/BestoftheMail/… 2 hours ago
- RT @vonheintze: Proud of our newest edition of @BILD #refugeeswelcome #wehelp http://t.co/WPHDXENbLs 2 hours ago
- RT @BBCPolitics: Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale calls for an end to "control freakery" at party conferences and an open... http://t.c… 2 hours ago
Puffles on Flickr
Category Archives: Housing and transport
Summary …but do the people of Cambridge know it even exists, let alone know how to influence it? Here’s a pano-pic I took at the start of the meeting …having made my way via bus from Cambridge to Cambourne, a … Continue reading
Summary Some thoughts following a year of going to lots of venues in and around Cambridge Being a self-styled ‘community cameraman’ means I get to go out and about filming in lots of community venues. This year I’ve been to … Continue reading
Summary After getting up at 5:45am & only realising I had got the CommsCamp14 conference day a week early when the train left Ely (north of Cambridge), I decided to go on a mini tour…starting with Peterborough @Puffles2010 Heya, well … Continue reading
Summary Looking at some bigger picture issues on a news item that has engulfed Westminster – and examining the principles of some local government roots Part 1 – Education Both the Home Secretary and the Education Secretary made statements to … Continue reading
…are politicians undermining the ‘hard working families’ and ‘big society’ that they claim to be acting in the interests of? Yes. Next. This applies nationwide – not just to Cambridge, although I’m writing this in the context of a Cambridge … Continue reading
Summary Musings on maps – of the railway kind. And following the wanderings of my mind. This blogpost started off from reading an article about Blackpool – see it here. There’s one thing that troubles me not just about Blackpool … Continue reading
Summary More political tactics than radical strategy and long-term vision as Osborne and Balls crossed swords I never find these parliamentary statements particularly pleasant viewing. Too much testosterone-fuelled willy-waving and point-scoring for my liking. Statistical spin on the National Infrastructure … Continue reading