- Will the 2015 general election mark a low point in national politics?
- Filming the Cambridge 2015 elections
- ‘Tory turmoil as ex-council chief quits amid social media firestorm’
- And…they’re off! The race to get elected begins!
- Making a film about the general election campaigns in Cambridge – want to get involved?
- RT @daily_politics: Health debate @Jeremy_Hunt @andyburnhammp @normanlamb @GreenJillian & UKIP's Angus Dalgleish BBC2 England Wed 2-3pm ht… 1 hour ago
- RT @skepticalvoter: Want to check your local candidates are not climate change deniers or supporters of medical quackery? Our wiki here: ht… 1 hour ago
- RT @polljax: Good guide to different party policies on #environment & #climatechange in #ukelections2015: tinyurl.com/oy4ro5p 1 hour ago
- RT @davidwilcox: “There is money, it’s just being spent on the wrong stuff” A nuanced post about local government finance http://t.co/u4N2… 2 hours ago
- RT @daily_politics: Opening address from @GreenRebJohnson in #bbcdp debate on defence and security hosted by @afneil & @MarkUrban01 https:/… 2 hours ago
Puffles on Flickr
Category Archives: Education, training and exams
Summary …including new apps, new tools, and encouraging more people to try it out themselves 2014 was an eventful year for me as far as learning new things and doing things for the first time was concerned. Standing for election … Continue reading →
Summary In the face of austerity, the Cambridge Arts Network is bringing together the diverse & somewhat fragmented arts and culture scenes in Cambridge to try and unite us all in the face of a very uncertain future The Cambridge Arts … Continue reading →
Summary Taking a ‘Be the change – Cambridge’ problem to Cambridge student activists…and watching them run with it Some of you may be aware of the Volunteer Cambridge event that the Cambridge Hub is organising for Cambridge City Council on 28 … Continue reading →
Summary Some thoughts on using digital video/filming events to bring politicians closer to the people Over the past few weeks I’ve filmed a number of talks, speeches presentations and events. This is all part of what I can only describe … Continue reading →
Summary On how one of our local secondary schools is demonstrating what investment and leadership can achieve – for this was an open evening that busted a number of negative local stereotypes The signs across a number of houses in … Continue reading →
Summary Comparing then with now. I stumbled across this blogpost which nails it. Same stuff, different year. Commentators moaning about exam standards not being as tough as they were in the good ol’ days. Back in the mid-1990s I was ambushed … Continue reading →
Summary It may only be a ‘micro-commission’, but for me it’s a giant leap on all things digital media. But are employers missing out on the skills that today’s school leavers have developed growing up in this internet age? If … Continue reading →
Summary Digital video is only as good as your sound. So getting to grips with what you film means ensuring you have a good sound too I’ve been playing with digital audio ever since I got my last laptop – … Continue reading →
Summary Could Ed Miliband’s new policy for local government energise local democracy? The reports are at the end of this page -> summary and full. It was featured in The Guardian here. The report covers a number of things, but … Continue reading →
Summary Living and learning with my introduction to digital filming class For Cambridgeshire-based people, Hills Road are running an Introduction to Digital Film Making on Weds evenings from September – see here. It also sits nicely with An introduction to … Continue reading →