- Do the scuffles between mainstream media & some protesters in Manchester reveal a deeper divide?
- Cambridge’s street communities on complex local public services
- Are Conservative ministers playing ‘party politics’ with national security over Jeremy Corbyn?
- Mark Thomas visits Cambridge, talking about the privatisation of public spaces
- Was I watching the same John McDonnell speech as the mainstream media?
- RT @MhairiHunter: Two front runners to take over from Cameron. Better Together, you say? Still? Really? twitter.com/Jo_Caulfield/s… 43 minutes ago
- RT @daily_politics: Today at Conference details - it's coming up on BBC2 with @bbcjlandale bbc.in/1OWKekz via BBC Politics Live 53 minutes ago
- "Details being worked on - No councils will lose out initially, safety blanket to allow #Localgov to get finances in order @andrewpolitics 1 hour ago
- "Going on past performance Cambridge may not get quite what was promised -& will lose £3m in core grant" @lewis_herbert on Osborne #localgov 1 hour ago
- "Cambridgeshire will be the biggest winner, Norfolk will be biggest loser" bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod… From 12m50s by BBC Look East #Localgov 1 hour ago
Puffles on Flickr
Category Archives: Cambridge
Summary Spending an evening listening & learning with homeless & vulnerably housed people in at Wintercomfort in Cambridge I was commissioned to do a short workshop on democracy and registering to vote for the local charity for homeless people Winter … Continue reading
Summary More thoughts on the next five years – including training, development and support for those with desire and potential to stand for election I mentioned to a friend earlier today that in Whitehall & Westminster, the traditional big offices … Continue reading
Summary Featuring some of the women I filmed & interviewed during the general election campaign 2015. Here’s Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader of The Green Party with an appeal to students & young people in Cambridge In terms of student activists: … Continue reading
Summary Some thoughts on what either might be like as MP for Cambridge. The bookies have Julian Huppert of the Liberal Democrats slightly ahead of his rival Daniel Zeichner of Labour. We know what Dr Huppert will be like given the … Continue reading
Summary Some thoughts on the bare minimum people can do in order to cast an informed vote – should any of the candidates impress them. This post is mainly targeted at people in & around Cambridge, but the sentiments apply … Continue reading
Summary A busy day for Cambridge Conservatives They say 24 hours is a long time in politics. Earlier on, former Conservative councillor & leader of Cambridgeshire County Council, Mr Nick Clarke, switched allegiance to UKIP. Around the same time, Cambridge Conservative … Continue reading
Summary The cost of a bus ticket: £4.10. Entrance to the Cambridge Corn Exchange. Free. Outselling some of the big-name bands from the mid-1990s that I saw at the Corn Exchange: Priceless. The Dowsing Sound Collective don’t make beers… Oh, … Continue reading