- Well, thank f–k that horrible month is over
- Diversifying the Liberal Democrats – a once in a generation opportunity?
- Why is the UK government not pushing for a substantial co-ordinated response to refugees crisis?
- On life’s great equaliser
- Has leisure & entertainment in Cambridge kept pace with the growth of our city?
- "The latest Government data on vacant dwellings shows over 610,000 empty homes in England" emptyhomes.com @emptyhomesuk 23 minutes ago
- “Why Syrians do not flee to Gulf states” bbc.co.uk/news/world-mid… 1 hour ago
- RT @DanHannanMEP: European? Young? Conservative? Come to the European Young Conservatives' Freedom Summit in Cambridge this weekend. https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @IsabelHardman: I think @edwest is totally right here about setting up a voluntary kindertransport for Syrian refugees http://t.co/URBak… 1 hour ago
- RT @CharlotteGRose: #Corbyn says he'd pay for scrapping of tuition fees by increasing corporation tax. Not sure how big that tax increase w… 4 hours ago
Puffles on Flickr
Author Archives: adragonsbestfriend
Summary …because emotionally it crushed me. Augusts have a habit of doing this, whether I’m in work or out of work. But this one was on a level the likes I’ve not seen in ages. The biggest blows were probably not … Continue reading
Summary Will we finally start seeing more women taking more prominent and influential roles for the Liberal Democrats? I’ll start with this video of Jo Swinson, which I filmed in Cambridge when she was a minister at the Department for … Continue reading
Summary It’s like there is an international politics vacuum in the face of a big crisis. So what are our institutions doing? Frances Coppola posted http://www.coppolacomment.com/2015/08/europes-shame.html in which I feel similar. So what are international governments doing in the face of it? … Continue reading
Summary On life after Mog – and on dealing with one of life’s final taboos. A sombre day today as we took Mog to the vet to be put to sleep following a short illness. A large stomach tumour and … Continue reading
Summary No. (That’s not to say nothing has happened since the Millennium). I’m writing this shortly after news that demand to see Jeremy Corbyn’s visit to Cambridge on Monday has exceeded the capacity of the largest indoor venue in Cambridge. … Continue reading
Summary With over 300 1,700 people signed up, can Cambridge Labour Party use this opportunity to get more people involved in local democracy? I chose this headline because Mr Corbyn’s been following Puffles on Twitter for ages. See https://www.facebook.com/events/1638506863062553/ for event details … Continue reading
Summary Thoughts on recent news We’ve got another month or so of the Labour leadership campaign to go. Leftwing MP and longtime dragon-fairy-Twitter-follower Jeremy Corbyn has been polling consistently highly so as to worry the Labour establishment. As an outsider, … Continue reading
Summary The fallout from Kids Company has led to questions about the role of charities delivering public services My interest in this news item is primarily around public administration rather than frontline service delivery. I’ll try & refrain from commenting … Continue reading
Summary Some thoughts following tweets & posts from Labour’s Cllr Carina O’Reilly & Lib Dem former councillor Daisy Benson The Twitter post concerned is as below: @Puffles2010 @IanGManning We publicise our new members events – to new members. If you’re … Continue reading