- Do the scuffles between mainstream media & some protesters in Manchester reveal a deeper divide?
- Cambridge’s street communities on complex local public services
- Are Conservative ministers playing ‘party politics’ with national security over Jeremy Corbyn?
- Mark Thomas visits Cambridge, talking about the privatisation of public spaces
- Was I watching the same John McDonnell speech as the mainstream media?
- Cambridgeshire tweeple, Puffles (*points*) to several petitions for your attention at epetition.cambridgeshire.public-i.tv/epetition_core… cc @TransitionCambs 2 hours ago
- RT @Metatone2: @Puffles2010 I'm much less optimistic. Existing budget cut commitments mean infrastructure role is likely more talk than act… 3 hours ago
- RT @HilaryComms: I agree with @davebriggs To me, it's about accessibility and transparency for people who need or want our services. https… 3 hours ago
- ...& also unlike many other Conservative MPs, Adonis as a cross-bencher will be in a much better position to be firm over disagreements. 3 hours ago
- Smart move by Osborne, but Adonis wouldn't have taken on this post unless it could deliver something substantial. Could become v influential 3 hours ago
Puffles on Flickr
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Summary A ceremony that won over even the most stubborn of sceptics – myself included. With the negative publicity around the run-up to the Olympics, Danny Boyle had his work cut out. Given that context – and the wider global … Continue reading
Summary How long will this process take? Some of you may not be aware, but I went through a mental health crisis a few months ago – a crisis that knocked the stuffing out of me. I can’t help but … Continue reading
Summary Trying to find clarity in the tax debate – and a way forward These terms are bandied about by all sides and unfortunately only succeed in blurring what for me at least are very serious issues. Tax evasion, tax … Continue reading
Summary Yes. (In my opinion). But why so, and what would a smaller Cabinet look like? This post in part is based on a select committee report calling for fewer ministers, along with a line in Ruth Porter‘s column in … Continue reading
Summary It’s my station and I’ll moan if I want to. But for those interested in contributing positively towards Cambridge transport, please respond to the County Council’s transport strategy consultation! Cambridge Station: It seems slightly random for a blog to feature … Continue reading
Summary How can we improve our systems of scrutiny following the G4S shambles? This was something that Margaret Hodge, Chair of the Public Accounts Committee raised in a recent evidence session with the House of Lords’ Constitution Committee. It’s something … Continue reading