- Diversifying the Liberal Democrats – a once in a generation opportunity?
- Why is the UK government not pushing for a substantial co-ordinated response to refugees crisis?
- On life’s great equaliser
- Has leisure & entertainment in Cambridge kept pace with the growth of our city?
- Jeremy Corbyn to visit Puffles in Cambridge!
- RT @CatherineWest1: Please sign & share if you think as an MP I should be able to see conditions at Yarl's Wood for myself https://t.co/gTs… 6 hours ago
- Earlier today - I had no idea swans had such ****big feet**** flickr.com/photos/puffles… 6 hours ago
- ICYMI Some thoughts on the #LibDems in the run up to their conference next month adragonsbestfriend.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/div… 6 hours ago
- ***Crikey!*** Cambridge music supergroup in the making? instagram.com/p/6-jonETCAo/ @MelodyCauston with @OscarCorney & @elliedmusic 8 hours ago
- RT @SophyRidgeSky: Worth reading Tony Blair's Observer article on Jeremy Corbyn in full. Risky intervention so close to result. http://t.co… 9 hours ago
Puffles on Flickr
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Summary Some thoughts from today’s gathering It was quite timely on a personal level to have found out about this gathering via Beatrice Bray’s comment in response to On anxiety overload. Over the past week or so I took a … Continue reading
Summary A response to Professor Colin Talbot’s blogpost on civil service accountability Some of you will be familiar with my previous posts on this issue – Accountability from November 2011, The Civil Service vs The Public Accounts Committee from February 2012 … Continue reading
Summary Looking at one model of market reform within the digital TV broadcasting market. Some of you may have seen the Panorama report that contained allegations about hacking of the now defunct “ONDigital” platform. It makes this column in the … Continue reading
Summary Who’s going to shine a light on what lobbyists do? Twitter had a field day when the Cash for Cameron storm broke last night. It would almost be funny if it were not so serious. SturdyAlex’s blogpost “The C-word” … Continue reading
Summary Is minimum alcohol pricing a magic arrow to binge drinking or is there more to it? A blogpost with more questions than answers. “I like drinks, not drunks” is my general attitude towards alcohol. As with many teenagers I … Continue reading
Summary Why adult education should be invested in, not cut. Some of you may be aware that I’m doing an introductory engineering course with the Open University. After the exam this June my relationship with the institution will probably end. … Continue reading
Summary On Cameron’s proposals for privatising roads The first time I came across road tolls was on a visit to France with my late aunt & uncle. My uncle explained that the advantage of tolls was that all users paid … Continue reading
Some of you will have seen the letter in The Independent on Sunday alongside the associated headline article where Dr Clive Peedell and colleagues have said they’ll target Coalition MPs in the next general election. This is a short blogpost covering some … Continue reading